Monday, May 11, 2009

Fragile Dreams

The following poem was an excersize done in school on blended poems. Blended poems combine your words with someone elses line by line. My blended poem is with phrases by Gerda Weissmann Klein on her time in concentration camps during the Holocaust.

At night, I dreamed of the future
What could have been
These thoughts were a wonderful escape from the present
I was lucky enough to imagine my way out
And pretend what it would be like
If the war hadn't happened
Running away from the nightmare that was my life
Playing with the fragments of my dreams
Saying farewell to bygone things
The reality which I had always taken for granted
Even doing simple, mundane things
Now became the most remote fantasy
At night, I dreamed of the future
- Floyd/Klein
3/12/08

No comments:

Post a Comment