Monday, May 11, 2009

Don't Call Me Emo

Just because I hide behind
The dark clothes and the eye shadow
Just because you think I'm blind
For all that I acknowledge you
And even when I do
My looks could kill
It doesn't mean I'm emo.
Just because I act depressed
And hide the feelings I repress
To appear a blank canvas
Unused, Unusable, Wasted
You think you're preppy?
Think again and go away
Just don't call me emo.
Just because I slit my wrists
To hide the pain I can't express
Created by the shit you manifest
You look at me like I'm dirt
You hypocrites!
Don't think you're better than me
Because I'm not emo.
So scorn me and I'll shun you
Talk about me behind my back
And gossip to your friends
About how I'm the outcast
Well I don't have to prove anything to you
And I'll be something someday
Even though I'm emo.
- Carly Floyd
11/7/07

No comments:

Post a Comment