Monday, August 30, 2010

Freshman Year

By Carly Floyd
6/9/10

This building
How many times have I sat,
Staring at the clock, waiting to go home?
How many times have I sat here,
walked there,
done that?
This routine is so deeply embedded.
I feel I could go on forever this way.
(If I could fit forever in a day)
Hey
It seems like only yesterday we talked of that
Was it last month the ceiling fell?
Or I fell in the hallway from laughing so much.
So many memories of thus year
So many laughs, and pictures
So many firsts.
So many people I got to know, to talk to.
I have all of these things in my mind,
I carry them with me.
But now
Now I have to leave, and it will be months
Months until I next see this place, these people.
But I will have changed.
And some things will be gone forever.
So, bittersweet, I go.
Looking back at my school, I say goodbye.
And for better or worse,
Here comes the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment