Monday, August 30, 2010

Bath

By Carly Floyd
4/14/10

Draw a bath
And sink into the warm water
No, not warm, hot
Almost boiling, but
I am cold.
I lay there,
Trying to bring heat to my body.
Thinking about the shouts and arguments
Of nights crying myself to sleep
The things that mark the passing of time
Of existence.
I sink under the water
Trying to wash the tears off my face and
For the first time
I seriously consider -
Should I stay under?
Let my family find me dead, maybe
My corpse would cause them pain.
Make them feel guilt.
Would it be like falling asleep?
No - I know
Drowning is a terrible way to go
Suffocation, and death throes
As water floods your lungs
So I rise, and inhale
Lament
Not even death can come easy to me
So as the water grows cold
I rise, dry off
Drain the tub
And prepare to face the world outside the door

No comments:

Post a Comment